Someone Hit My Parked Car and They Have No Auto Insurance

Free Consultation

This is never a pleasant thing to discover, but the good news is that you aren’t necessarily stuck with the cost of repairs. Depending on your insurance coverage, you may be able to get compensation.

What to Do When Someone Hits Your Parked Car

A damaged parked car sits in front of a house.An accident where another driver hits your parked car should be addressed like any other kind of accident. You and the other driver should remain at the scene, exchange contact and insurance information, and call the police to report the collision. Be sure to take pictures of any damage to your vehicle.

Basic liability insurance is required for motorists in Georgia, but around 12 percent of drivers do without it anyway. If the other driver doesn’t have insurance, you may still be able to file a claim with your own insurance company. An experienced car accident lawyer can help you navigate this process or search for other alternatives.

Attorney Ali Awad knows all the tricks insurance companies use to avoid paying claims and wants to help you avoid them. He founded the CEO Lawyer Personal Injury Law Firm just a few years ago and quickly expanded it into one of the fastest-growing law firms in the country. When he’s not working on getting his clients the biggest settlement possible, he dispenses insightful legal knowledge to more than a million followers on social media. If you’re struggling to get compensation after a car accident, please contact the CEO Lawyer Personal Injury Law Firm for a free consultation to learn more about your options.

How Does Uninsured Motorist Coverage Work?

Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is intended to be a “safety net” you can use if you’re in an accident with someone who doesn’t have insurance. If you know who hit your car, you should get their name, address, phone number, and driver’s license number, as your insurance company will want to know these things. They will also want to see your pictures of the damage.

You will also probably need a copy of the police report on your accident – it may be a few days before this is ready. Contact the local law enforcement agency that responded to the accident, and they should be able to tell you how to get a copy of your report. Often these are available digitally, but occasionally you may need to pick them up in person. If this is inconvenient for you, it’s also possible to buy a copy of any accident report online for a small fee.

Uninsured motorist property damage (UMPD) does cover vehicle damage so long as you can identify the other driver. The reason is to give the insurance company the option to pursue the other driver to compensate them for compensating you. This is a process known as subrogation. Fortunately, it shouldn’t involve you much other than providing information to the insurance company.

Once you’ve supplied all the necessary documentation, the claims process should be easy, but occasionally issues arise. Sometimes the insurance company will decide the accident isn’t covered for some reason. If this happens, your car accident lawyer may be able to help.

What if You Don’t Have Uninsured Motorist Coverage?

Then hopefully, you have another type of coverage called Collision insurance. This will pay for property damage to your vehicle no matter who is at fault. If you don’t have Collision insurance either, your options will probably be very limited. However, it’s worth checking with an attorney to see if there is anything else that can be done. Occasionally there may be other possibilities.

What if Your Car Was the Victim of a Hit and Run Accident?

Sometimes a driver without insurance will hit a parked car and just leave the scene, hoping no one saw them. You return to your vehicle and find a huge dent, a broken headlight, or other damage. Now what?

Here are some steps to take when dealing with a hit and run on your parked car:

  • Get pictures of the damage right away. Try to cover all angles to show the damage as completely as possible.
  • Look around and see if there were any witnesses. If you were in a shopping center or public parking lot, you might ask people working in the nearby buildings if they saw anything. Get the names and contact info of any potential witnesses.
  • Contact the police and file a report.
  • Call your insurance company and explain what happened. They will let you know if you have coverage that will take care of the damage. If not, they will also let you know.

Uninsured motorist coverage will usually take care of your property damage if an uninsured driver hits your parked vehicle, but it does not cover hit and run accidents. However, if you have collision coverage, once again, you should be able to make a claim for a hit and run on your parked vehicle.

What if You Were Injured in an Accident While Your Car Was Parked?

This isn’t very common since parked cars are usually empty, but it does happen occasionally. You can get hurt if you are sitting in your parked car and another vehicle hits it hard. In this case, your medical expenses should be taken care of by your uninsured motorist coverage. If you don’t have uninsured motorist coverage, you may be able to turn to MedPay, another type of insurance that will cover your medical bills in an accident regardless of fault. Uninsured motorist and MedPay policies still work in the event of a hit and run. However, they are not required under Georgia law, so you may need to check your insurance policy to see if you have them.

Contact the CEO Lawyer Personal Injury Law Firm

If you or a loved one have been the victim of a car accident, you need solid legal advice to protect your right to compensation. Please don’t hesitate to contact the CEO Lawyer Personal Injury Law Firm for a free consultation. There is no obligation, and if we take your case, we’ll work on a contingency basis. That means we don’t charge you anything until we secure a settlement for you. Call us at 833-254-2923.

Find Out What Your Case Is Worth Here

Tell Us More About Your Injury Below So That We Can Get You The Most Money

All Fields Required *

Step 1 of 7

How did you get hurt?

How did you get hurt?(Required)

Frequently Asked Questions

After a personal injury, you're bound to have legal questions. The CEO Lawyer Ali Awad can provide you with answers to these questions, just as he's given answers to his millions of curious social media followers. Take a look at some of the most common personal injury law questions for general information, and then reach out to one of our seasoned attorneys for specific guidance on your case!

Contact us now (833) 254-2923.

Help Negotiating with Insurance Carriers

To quickly resolve matters following an accident, insurance companies will offer you less than you deserve in compensation for your injuries. Many victims feel pressured to accept these offers as the bills begin to pile up, but that is rarely a good idea. The insurance company is looking to protect its bottom line; and will offer injured victims less than they deserve. An experienced personal injury attorney understands how to negotiate with the insurance company and can look out for your best interests by getting you the compensation you deserve after an injury. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, it is important to avoid negotiating or providing recorded statements to the insurance company without first seeking help from a qualified personal injury attorney.

Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?

The best way to determine if you have a personal injury case is to speak with a knowledgeable attorney. Our legal professionals have the expertise to evaluate your case and determine a strong legal strategy so that you can obtain the greatest amount of compensation possible under the law. We will enlist investigators, assistants, and other specialists to collect accident reports, speak with witnesses to your accident, and put together a plan. While you focus on your physical recovery, we will remain committed to fighting for the compensation that you deserve.

Georgia's Personal Injury & Accident Firm

Accident victims have a limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit. This time period is referred to as the statute of limitations, and in Atlanta, it lasts only two years. This means that if you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, you have only two years to pursue a personal injury suit. If you wait too long to reach out to an experienced attorney, you might be forever barred from seeking the compensation you deserve.

What to Expect From Your Initial Consultation With a Personal Injury Attorney?

During your initial consultation with CEO Lawyer team, we will go over the important details of your personal injury accident, which include the nature and extent of your injuries, how your injuries have impacted your ability to earn a paycheck, the cost of your medical treatment, and whether further medical treatment will be required. We will answer any questions you might have, as well, in regards to our experience, our track record of success, and what to expect from the legal process. Many personal injury victims wonder if they will be able to afford the legal fees required to pursue a lawsuit. CEO Lawyer injury and accident attorneys will not ask for any type of upfront fee unless we are successful in obtaining compensation for you. That means that if you have been harmed in a motor vehicle accident, slip and fall accident, defective product accident, or any other type of personal injury accident, you can absolutely afford to contact our law office today for assistance. In fact, you cannot afford to wait. Reach out today. We understand that some accident victims might have already obtained the assistance of an attorney but may be dissatisfied with the services provided. We are standing by and prepared to help you change legal representation, regardless of where you are in the process.

Speak to an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Today

If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of personal injury accident, you should not hesitate to speak with the experienced attorneys at CEO Lawyer personal injury law firm. Call, email, or fill out our online contact form today so that we can begin helping you pursue the compensation you deserve.