Tennessee Motorcycle Accident Lawyer

Free Consultation

Motorcycle accidents can be very serious for the motorcycle rider, with an 80 percent chance of injury or death, versus only 20 percent in a car accident. Motorcycles simply don’t offer as much protection as larger, enclosed vehicles, and as a result, most bikers take every safety precaution.

Unfortunately, sometimes, an accident can happen as the result of another driver’s mistake or negligence. In this situation, you may find yourself swamped with medical bills, out of work, and in a lot of pain.

A skilled motorcycle accident lawyer can help you seek compensation and get your life back on track. When you’re struggling after an accident on your bike, the best thing you can do is request a free consultation with an attorney to learn all possible paths to compensation.A motorcycle speeding along a city street next to other vehicles.

Do I Need a Tennessee Motorcycle Accident Attorney?

If you were injured in a Tennessee motorcycle accident, call Ali Awad, the founder and managing attorney at The CEO Lawyer Personal Injury Law Firm. Also called “The CEO Lawyer,” Mr. Awad took a small law firm and made it an 8-figure firm in just three years.

After that, it’s no surprise that his firm was voted the fastest-growing law firm in the United States, beating out 499 others in 2021. The CEO Lawyer also finds time to dispense timely legal advice to more than a million followers on social media.

If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle crash, you need help now. Call Ali Awad for a no-obligation, free consultation about your situation.

The CEO lawyer and his team work on a contingency basis, so they don’t get paid unless and until you do. There is no risk in calling (423) 777-8888 to learn all of the options for your case.

Right now, let’s consider some common questions about motorcycle crashes:

What Should You Do After a Motorcycle Accident?

Accidents tend to happen suddenly and take everyone involved by surprise. It’s natural to be stunned or even in shock, and if you’ve been hurt, you may be distracted by the pain.

Try to remain calm and call 911 to report the crash right away. Request an ambulance if needed.

If you and/or your bike have ended up in the roadway, try to move to the sidewalk or shoulder to avoid further injury. However, if you are seriously injured, the 911 operator may advise you not to move.

You should follow their instructions and wait for help in this case. If you can turn on your bike’s hazard light without moving too much, do so – this will help other drivers see you from farther away.

While you’re waiting, take a look around and try to make a mental note of where the other vehicle that hit you ended up. You can also take pictures if your phone is handy.

If you’re not badly hurt and can walk around, you may want to take pictures from several angles. Also, make note of any potential witnesses you see.

Some of these people may come over to see if you’re all right. Thank them for their concern and ask for their names in case you need to talk with them again later.

The other driver may come to check on you as well. You should exchange contact and insurance info but try to avoid getting into an argument about whose fault the accident was.

We’ve seen some cases where the other driver was very angry or wanted to get into a fight.  If this happens, do your best to de-escalate the situation until the authorities arrive.

It’s fine to walk a few feet away to cool things down, but don’t leave the scene entirely.

Once the police arrive, you should answer their questions and be cooperative but try to say as little as possible. Never say that you think the accident was your fault, even if you do – people are often wrong about this!

Also, it’s not your job to speculate on whose fault the accident was. The police will investigate and compile a report with contributing factors to the accident.

Remember that the other driver’s insurance carrier may try to blame the accident on you so they can reduce how much they have to pay under Tennessee’s comparative fault statutes – your award will be reduced by the percentage of fault you’re found to have in the accident.

Even if you don’t think you were seriously hurt, it’s still a good idea to let the paramedics check you out and see a doctor. In some situations, you may be hurt but not feel any pain right away.

If you were thrown from your bike, you could have internal injuries or a head injury and not realize it at first. Seeing a doctor can help you ensure that you get care if needed.

Once your injuries have been treated, speak with a motorcycle crash lawyer before you make an insurance claim.

How Long Do I Have To File A Claim?

Insurance claims should be made as soon as possible after an accident, typically within a few days or weeks. Your attorney will advise you on what to do when filing an insurance claim and whether you may need to make claims on multiple policies.

The usual approach is to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier. However, if your injuries are severe, your bills may exceed their policy limit.

In this case, you may make a claim on your own insurance policy if you have uninsured motorist coverage or a Med Pay policy.

If your bills have surpassed all available insurance policies, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the other driver (if they have significant assets). This should be done within one year of the accident for personal injury claims, like medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

You have three years to file a claim for property damage, but most people do this at the same time as their personal injury claim.

The Insurance Company Offered Me a Settlement Already. I Should Take It, Right?

You should consult an attorney before accepting any settlement offer. It’s very common for insurance companies to make an initial offer that’s too low to cover all your damages. Remember that you can potentially seek damages for:

  • Your medical costs – all of them. If you’re still in treatment for your injuries, you may not know exactly how much everything will cost. Also, remember to include things like physical or occupational therapy, mobility aids like crutches or wheelchairs, prescription medications, follow-up doctor visits, etc.
  • Lost income if you had to miss work as a result of your injuries. This includes sick days or paid time off you had to take that you could have used at another time.
  • Pain and suffering. Your physical, mental, and emotional pain can take a toll on your life, and you deserve compensation for it. Yet the insurance company probably won’t think to add this to your offer.
  • Any permanent or chronic pain, injury, or disability from your injuries.
  • Loss of enjoyment of life if you’re no longer able to do things you enjoy.
  • Property damage to your bike or other possessions damaged in the crash.

Your lawyer can help you figure out if an offer is a reasonable amount. If it is, great – you can go ahead and accept it. If not, your attorney can help you by negotiating with the insurer to get you a fair amount.

What if I Had a Single-Vehicle Accident Trying to Avoid an Accident With Another Vehicle?

We call this a “no-contact” accident. Sometimes, a rider will dump their bike or go off the road trying to avoid a collision with another vehicle. They end up hurt, while the other driver is just fine – they may even drive off without bothering to check on you.

If you manage to get the other vehicle’s license plate number or description, we can track the driver down and file a claim with their insurance or sue the other driver directly. Sometimes, these cases are difficult to prove, but with enough evidence and witnesses, it may be possible to win your claim.

Your lawyer will help you figure out what evidence is needed, and their firm’s investigative team can track it down while you focus on your recovery.

The CEO Lawyer Personal Injury Law Firm, The Tennessee Motorcycle Accident Law Firm You Need

If you or someone you love has been hurt in a bike crash, consider seeking legal representation right away. Ali Awad, The CEO Lawyer, is ready to pursue damages against the at-fault party and/or their insurance carrier.

In three short years, Ali Awad grew a new personal injury law firm into an eight-figure company with some of the most experienced personal injury attorneys in the business. These lawyers have brought more than twenty years of experience and a 99% success rate to Tennessee.

Don’t hesitate to call for help with your situation – call The CEO Lawyer and his team now at (423) 777-8888 for a free, no-obligation consultation.

Find Out What Your Case Is Worth Here

Tell Us More About Your Injury Below So That We Can Get You The Most Money

All Fields Required *

Step 1 of 7

How did you get hurt?

How did you get hurt?(Required)